Thursday, September 24, 2009

Cell phone nostalgia

I have an old collection of cell phones in a wooden box, dating back to 2003. For some strange reason I don't let go of them. Sometimes I turn them back on and listed to the ringtones, look at the pictures inside of them. A digital type of nostalgia?. How could I let go of my first Sprint phone from 2005? I got it right after we moved in to our house, in the same week when hurricane Frances came. I took all kinds of pictures that now have no way of being removed. The ringtone for my wife has a song called "Boardwalk" that I had never heard prior, but the tune reminds me of her.

What about my 2008 cell phone? It was like a sleeker version of the 2005 one, but had advanced voice recording, and I especially downloaded Freecell so I could practice and beat my family at it.

The phones still turn on because they're off and conserve battery power. I'm not planning in giving them up. Not yet.

No comments: