Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Book Review: Tribes by Seth Godin

I can't complain because I got this book for free thanks to an offer from Audible.com. Beggars can't be choosers. At the end of the book, Seth Godin challenges the reader to take potshots at him for the shorfalls of the book, so I will humor him. He said so himself, the book is "disorganized". I would say it's written with the voice of the stream of consciousness, loosely associating ideas around the concept of a social construct defined as a "tribe" which actually is not the same as a group of natives but it's fairly close. The book is not really about tribes, but it's a call to all readers to become leaders, and to make a mental shift that can shoo away preconceptions and the fear that might come with it. I did like hearing Seth Godin's own voice narrating the book. I would say that it's definitely a book to keep around and possibly going through another time. It can energize your mind and make you think in different ways.

No comments: