Friday, July 16, 2010

Update on my reading plans

Just to make a post on the progress of my reading plans: it's been one of the best decisions I have done in many years. I think most people that know me are blue in the face from hearing my comments on all the books I've been reading.

I started posting my summaries and opinions of the books on this blog, but that in itself has turned into an additional project. That's part of the blessing and the curse of reading these business books: in that some may affect your process of methodical reading (think of "10 Days To Faster Reading"). In this case, reading "The Power of Less" by Leo Babauta mentioned the novel idea of ideally focusing on one project at a time, and to pay attention to new commitments.

I still am taking notes of each book, but not publishing them in blog form, and in the future I will be featuring my own highlights of the books that make the most impact.

No comments: